1 Why did you have Labiaplasty surgery? e.g. How did you feel about your body before the surgery, and did this affect your confidence?
I was hugely lacking confidence, especially after receiving a botched episiotomy when I gave birth to my son. This impacted my life massively, and I never felt ‘normal’. I struggled with wearing swimwear and certain clothing as I felt self-conscious. I suffered from constant uncomfortableness, including when riding a bike and exercising. I was also unable to wear certain lingerie, such as lace, and I never felt sexy.
2 What research did you do before booking?
I went to my GP to discuss my body concern, and he advised me to do research on the websites of BAAPS (British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) and BAPRAS (British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons). I took a few years to conduct my research to ensure I found the right surgeon for me. I also looked at former patient reviews for surgeons on their websites and on Trustpilot.
3 How did you feel after booking your consultation with Jayne?
I was originally very nervous to contact the clinic, but Jayne put me at ease right away. She was super friendly and welcoming and seemed genuinely understanding too. I felt very informed about everything and was quite excited to have my consultation.
4 What questions did you have at your consultation?
I had the following questions:
- Will I be put to sleep, or will it be under local anaesthetic?
- How long does it take to heal, and when will I be able to resume normal activities?
- What does the procedure entail?
- How much does it hurt?
- What are the risks?
5 How did you feel after your consultation with Mr Lambe?
I felt extremely reassured. Gerard was absolutely lovely and really put me at ease! It’s pretty awkward discussing that type of surgery and having to show the surgeon what you actually want doing, but I was honestly so relaxed. Gerard didn’t make a big fuss, and the whole thing came across as a really ‘normal ‘discussion which made the whole consultation go smoothly, and I felt confident coming away that I had chosen the right surgeon. He listened to all of my concerns and answered all my questions too.
6 Any tips for anyone thinking of having this surgery?
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions
- Do your research and plenty of it!
- Remember its normal to feel nervous
- Be open-minded
- Get the painkillers on the go ASAP
- Utilise the ice pack as much as possible
- Ensure to take time off work and rest, rest, rest! Cannot stress this enough, you’ll think you won’t need it, but you will!
- Use a doughnut pillow to sit on
- I used ‘first days maternity witch hazel cleansing pads’ to clean the area, they worked so well, and I took antihistamines to keep the itching at bay
- Invest in many nighties (good for wearing around the house without pants on to ensure the wound heals)
- I also invested in some lovely soft flannels and a good water bottle to use when going to the loo to rinse the area
- First few nights, I put a towel under me on the bed in case of any bleeding.
- I also used a few pillows between my knees if lying on my side, as this allowed for the legs to stay open for air to get to the wound
7 How was your recovery? What did you expect, and how was it different?
I was in and out of the hospital within 2 hours. I was super surprised how quick it all was. I underestimated the recovery process if I’m honest, and I didn’t think I would need to rest as much as I did! It was sore, and I spent a lot more time in bed resting than anticipated. I thought I’d be able to work ASAP, which wasn’t the case. This, of course, was my own fault for thinking that a small procedure wouldn’t take much healing. I had been advised otherwise during my pre consultation by Gerard, of course, but me being me, I thought it wouldn’t be needed!
8 How was your aftercare experience? What really helped?
I was well looked after. The hospital was really attentive, and I had a follow-up wound check not long after. Jayne also checked in on the same day after my surgery, which was lovely. I was able to contact the clinic at any time, and I felt very reassured. For what helped, please see my post-op info above on point 6.
9 What do you think of your results?
I was told it would take approximately six weeks for the healing to be completed and that the swelling would impact the look until it went down. However, honestly, I was super pleased within days! I’m 2 ½ weeks post-op, and honestly, it looks fantastic! I am properly chuffed 🙂
10 How has cosmetic surgery changed your life?
It’s really transformed my life. I feel so much more confident and, most importantly, comfortable! I’m still weeks from being fully healed, so I can’t wait to see how much more better it can get 🙂
You’ve come to the right place
We have a fantastic, 5 star team here at Reflect Clinic, with an award-winning reputation and many, many reviews which call us “The Best Cosmetic Surgery Company” in Manchester, Cheshire and the North West!
If you would like to discuss improvements to your face, body or breasts and wish to find out what can be achieved with cosmetic surgery, then come and discuss your options with us in a gentle and understanding environment at a convenient date and time for YOU.
You can contact Jayne direct via mobile on 07434572794 (office hours) or she will contact you directly if you complete our contact form.
We look forward to seeing you soon on your journey to becoming “The Most Beautiful You”.