Breast Augmentation Manchester is a popular procedure, but only when it is performed by qualified plastic surgeons who are experienced in breast augmentation in Manchester operations.
Luckily for you, at Reflect Clinic, we have the finest plastic surgeon in Manchester, Mr Gerard Lambe! Mr Lambe has countless years of experience in breast augmentation and is trusted by some of Cheshire’s most famous clientele.
What is Breast Augmentation Manchester surgery?
Breast augmentation in Manchester surgery is more commonly known as breast enlargement or a ‘boob job’. A ‘boob job’ is a surgical procedure that can increase the size of a woman’s breasts.
Breast enlargement surgery is not just for women who wish to have larger breasts but can be performed on women whose breast volume has reduced due to weight loss or post breastfeeding and pregnancy.
How is the procedure carried out?
The breast augmentation procedure is carried out under general anaesthetic.
We ensure that you are fully relaxed before and during your procedure and pain relief will be administered as appropriate.
Breast augmentation surgery involves making an incision under your breasts, which are then hidden in the fold between the bottom of your breasts and your chest. around your nipple area, it is usually only about 2-3 cm in width and through which each breast implant will be inserted into each breast individually.
Once this has been done, stitches are used to close up the incision site; these will dissolve on their own within two weeks or so post-op.
After having undergone breast augmentation in Manchester surgery, you will require lots of rest over a 24-hour period following completion of your operation with us and also on your recovery journey, it is advised to rest and not stretch upwards or outwards (so housework is a complete no-no for a few weeks) The operation can be carried out at our clinic in Manchester’s city centre itself.
Breast Augmentation Surgery in Manchester
If you want breast enlargement surgery in Manchester, you should know that the city is a great place for plastic surgery!
Manchester has many reputable surgeons and clinics offering this procedure. For plastic surgery Manchester and a plastic surgeon in Manchester, Mr Lambe should be your No.1 choice!
Mr Lambe can carry out your procedure at Spire Manchester or at Reflect Clinic in The Wilmslow Hospital or more recently in The Aset Hospital in Liverpool – whichever is most convenient for you.
Therefore, if you want your breast enhancement operation done in an ideal environment with experienced professionals who can provide excellent results, then Manchester is one of the best places in the UK where it can be done at affordable prices!
Who can have breast augmentation surgery?
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be in good health.
- You must have realistic expectations about the outcome of your surgery. If you do not, then you should wait until you are ready to proceed with breast enlargement surgery with a certified plastic surgeon. It is important to understand what results can realistically be expected from this procedure and how it will change your body so that you can make an informed decision about whether this type of surgery is right for you
- You must be prepared to follow instructions from your plastic surgeon regarding post-operative care after your breast augmentation surgery in Manchester.
Advantages of Breast Augmentation Surgery
There are many advantages to cosmetic breast enhancement, including:
- Improved self-esteem. The boost in body confidence that comes with having larger breasts can greatly benefit your emotional health and sense of well-being
- Improved body image. Many women who undergo breast augmentation surgery find that their new breasts make them feel younger, healthier, and more feminine – which means they can embrace their bodies. This change in attitude has a positive knock-on effect on other areas of life like exercise routines or eating habits; you might find yourself doing things differently because you feel better about yourself overall!
Having a ‘boob job’ – post-surgery advice
Once you have your new breasts, it’s important to follow the post-surgery instructions provided by your surgeon to help reduce the risk of infection and ensure a speedy recovery. These include:
- Take painkillers as prescribed – these can be taken with food or water, but never with alcohol
- Keep the area clean – avoid getting water on it for at least 24 hours after surgery. After this time, you should shower or bathe daily (use a mild soap). Do not take baths for two weeks after surgery. If you need stitches removed, ask your surgeon when this will happen and how long afterwards it will be safe for you to go in the pool or sea without waterproof dressings being worn over them.
- Sleep on your back until all stitches have been removed (usually about two weeks after surgery). You must avoid strenuous exercise such as heavy lifting and contact sports for six weeks following breast enlargement surgery unless advised otherwise by your surgeon after examining you following surgery at their clinic or hospital
- Do not smoke until six weeks after breast enhancement surgery, as smoking increases infection risk at any stage during recovery; also, nicotine can interfere with the healing process
- Avoid hot baths or sunbathing until all stitches have been removed (usually around 2 to 6 weeks); doing so could lead to scarring/popping open incisions due to increased swelling around them caused by heat & humidity.
Risks of Breast Augmentation Surgery
Breast augmentation surgery can result in complications such as:
- Swelling or bruising of your breasts
- Blood clots that travel to other parts of your body (deep vein thrombosis)
- Infection at the site where incisions are made during surgery
We must stress that these complications are rare; however, you should ensure that you understand the risks involved in breast augmentation surgery and any potential complications or side effects.
We understand that this is a big decision; at Reflect Clinic, we want to help you make the best decision for you and your body.
Still unsure about breast augmentation surgery in Manchester or plastic surgery in Manchester as a whole? Our team can provide helpful advice and book you in for a consultation! Call our Clinic Manager on 07434572794 or click here!